by The Law Office of Frank Ciardi | Nov 10, 2017 | Criminal Defense
Facing criminal charges is a precarious situation for anyone. Regardless of how confident you are in your innocence. It is natural you feel a certain level of concern and worry over your pending charges. You want to do everything possible to ensure you are relieved of any future consequences. The first thing to do when you are charged with a criminal offense is to quickly enlist the help of a Rochester criminal defense attorney you can trust. Such as The Law Office of Frank Ciardi. However, not many people realize the next thing to do is disconnect from all social media. Even if you completely trust your judgment regarding your post, the prosecution will work around the clock to find evidence to incriminate you.
Social Media Can Be Damaging
Nowadays, it is highly uncommon for anyone not to have some form of social media. Usually linked to a personal email, full name, or even a phone number. This means it is straightforward for anyone and everyone to trace your accounts back to you. Social media can damage your criminal defense case. Police departments now use it to find evidence, charge, and convict people. Our legal team advises you to suspend your accounts until your case is resolved. You may inadvertently give the opposition a chance to strengthen their case against you. No matter how “private” your account may be, nothing is impermeable against the law.
Contact Our Rochester Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges and you are worried about where to turn for the right legal counsel, care, and representation, look no further than The Law Office of Frank Ciardi. We’re led by a trusted Rochester criminal defense attorney with the skill, tenacity, and experience necessary to clear you of any pending charges. Allow our knowledgeable legal team to be there for you in your time of need.
Are you interested in speaking to a member of our trusted legal team? Contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (585) 232-6830.
by The Law Office of Frank Ciardi | Nov 8, 2017 | Criminal Defense
One of the most stressful and frightening things to experience is to be accused of a crime, facing time in jail, probation, fines, and so much more. Above all else, you will lose all credibility in your professional and personal life, as your name and reputation with be tarnished forever. If convicted of a crime, your criminal record won’t let you forget it–and neither with your future employers, as well as anyone else who learns of your past. This is why nothing is quite as important as building a strong defense to your criminal charges, before a conviction ever takes place.
The following are tips on how to build a strong defense to any criminal charges you may be facing:
- Know your rights before you admit to anything. Above all, you must remember that you have the right to remain silent under the 5th Amendment, which is why you shouldn’t incriminate yourself by saying too much.
- Understand your charges through and through, to be clear on exactly what you are facing.
- Don’t plead guilty, even if there is overwhelming evidence against you. Just because you have been charged, does not mean you will be convicted. You can certainly challenge the government’s claims against you.
- There are many options when it comes to relieving yourself from criminal cases, as blatantly defending your innocence is not the only way. A more favorable resolution may include reducing your charges, and thus reducing your penalties. These alternatives may prove useful.
- It is absolutely vital you enlist in the help of a Rochester criminal defense attorney as soon as necessary, such as ours at The Law Office of Frank Ciardi. We will tirelessly advocate on your behalf.
Contact Our Rochester Criminal Defense Attorneys Today
The Law Office of Frank Ciardi is led by a trusted, compassionate, and experienced Rochester criminal defense lawyer who won’t give up on you or your rights. If you have been charged or accused of a crime and are concerned about the fate of your future, look no further than our dedicated legal team. We won’t back down from the challenge of clearing your name, and you can rest assured you are in more than capable hands when you have us on your side.
Don’t hesitate to schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm by calling us at your earliest convenience. Contact us at (585) 232-6830.