One of the most stressful and frightening things to experience is to be accused of a crime, facing time in jail, probation, fines, and so much more. Above all else, you will lose all credibility in your professional and personal life, as your name and reputation with be tarnished forever. If convicted of a crime, your criminal record won’t let you forget it–and neither with your future employers, as well as anyone else who learns of your past. This is why nothing is quite as important as building a strong defense to your criminal charges, before a conviction ever takes place.
The following are tips on how to build a strong defense to any criminal charges you may be facing:
- Know your rights before you admit to anything. Above all, you must remember that you have the right to remain silent under the 5th Amendment, which is why you shouldn’t incriminate yourself by saying too much.
- Understand your charges through and through, to be clear on exactly what you are facing.
- Don’t plead guilty, even if there is overwhelming evidence against you. Just because you have been charged, does not mean you will be convicted. You can certainly challenge the government’s claims against you.
- There are many options when it comes to relieving yourself from criminal cases, as blatantly defending your innocence is not the only way. A more favorable resolution may include reducing your charges, and thus reducing your penalties. These alternatives may prove useful.
- It is absolutely vital you enlist in the help of a Rochester criminal defense attorney as soon as necessary, such as ours at The Law Office of Frank Ciardi. We will tirelessly advocate on your behalf.
Contact Our Rochester Criminal Defense Attorneys Today
The Law Office of Frank Ciardi is led by a trusted, compassionate, and experienced Rochester criminal defense lawyer who won’t give up on you or your rights. If you have been charged or accused of a crime and are concerned about the fate of your future, look no further than our dedicated legal team. We won’t back down from the challenge of clearing your name, and you can rest assured you are in more than capable hands when you have us on your side.
Don’t hesitate to schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm by calling us at your earliest convenience. Contact us at (585) 531-1101.